Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Good Bye Terrible Twos

Well, it happened. Our little Taylor is all grown up and... and turning three! I can hardly believe it. And (dare I say it?) is leaving the terrible twos behind. Yes, this little sweetheart is a sweetheart. Of course, that didn't stop her, this morning, from attacking the marshmallow bag with her teeth and frantically biting her way to sugary goodness while my back was turned, but nobody's perfect :) Let's take a look at a few of the pictures from her birthday weekend, shall we?

Part of growing up is finding friends in your siblings. And these two really are best friends right now (it doesn't stop them from being worst enemies occasionally, but let's relish in the moment)...


My family drove down and spent her birthday with us. As you can tell there are always good times to be had...


She even got to relish in the infamous waiter-waitress-birthday-chorus...


And what happens when you make all of your three year old's dreams come true? If you have a camera in you hand, you get a picture like this...


The proud new owner...


We can't keep her off of it. Ok, we hardly try. Who wouldn't want their toddler entertained for hours on end? Oh, and did I mention she got dress-up for her birthday as well?...


And, coincidentally, Russ had a work party on Taylor's birthday. Of course she thought the celebration was all for her. Why wouldn't dozens of strange adults gather in honor of Taylor Rae? Shivani got these pictures (aren't they great?!). I can hear Taylor's little voice saying"Look at my thweeming thuit!" Awe ...


And Hallie, it's not your birthday, but you're just too cute!...


(Brecken, you weren't there or I'm sure you would have been too cute too :])

Day two of Taylor's birthday (she is going to have a warped sense of how birthday celebrating happens in the real world) we had a party with Russ's fam...

(Silly boys :])...


...Who supplied her with (and modeled) her pink ballerina dress up and a plethora of accessories. Thank you for the rings, the headbands, the hair clips, the necklaces, the purses, the tights, the shoes, and every other thing that likes to spread itself and re-spread itself over every inch of my house :) But Taylor's enthusiasm for it all makes it well worth it! She is so adorable! I can't get enough of her these days!...


I guess now we just wait for next year's birthday...


Ah, little Taylor. Happy Birthday you sweetest, cutest, cuddliest, funniest, craziest three year old!

8 comments:

Staci said...

oh happy bday sweet girl. Miles is looking at these pictures and getting so happy and keeps saying "I want to see her". We need some Harrington time soon!

Unknown said...

Not only are a great writer/humorist, you are a great photographer as well!

I have been enjoying your post!

Megan said...

That last picture of Taylor is so cute! I don't know her, but I want one :)

Krista said...

Cute and Cute, So adorable what a sweetheart and glad to see she had so much fun and who wouldn't with a family like yours! Happy Birthday from the Bagleys:)

Lorisa Schmidt said...

Oh my your girls are sooo cute! Avery tuns three in a week too and she is getting a bike and a rapunzel dress too! Love your posts.

Mark & Shalon said...

I just LOVE that last picture!!

Janell said...

Reni,
Did you get a new camera?? 'Cause these are some really clear, great pictures. You are an awesome photographer. Of course, that Taylor Rae makes one great model:)

Kam said...

Oh Taylor Rae!! She's just a doll, isn't she?! And... Ren!! you are getting SOOO GOOOOOD with your new camera!! Amazing work on some of these pics. It's been ages since I checked your blog (my blogroll thingy is messed up and didn't ever tell me you had new stuff up, until today) Anyway, I've been missing your clever blogging and your artsy photos. Keep 'em coming!

ps. Hallie's piggies are the. cutest. thing. EVER!!!