Tuesday, October 16, 2012

He... is Here

Yes, the post we have all been waiting for. Jack Russell Harrington was born on October 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM. He weighed 6 lb 15 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. And besides all of that, he is absolutely perfect. 

We'll start with the hospital pictures (do you see that? It's a BLUE hat!)...


Can you tell these two are a little bit happy?...


And the proud papa with all of his little ones (isn't he cute with four kids??!)...


Mom, Dad, and Junior (I haven't actually called him that out loud, but as those are his initials, it may or may not happen)...


And leaving the hospital (in the blanket Russ left the hospital in... as a baby--not recently)...


And now for the good stuff. Glamour Shots by Deb  (Haha, just kidding Deb, I couldn't resist) Our good friend Deborah with FunnyFace Photography came and took some pictures. Which I tried to pick out just a few, but it was tough. I love ALL of them. But here goes:

Our little handsome guy... 


Now give us a man face (awe!!!)...


So. Cute...


 I know, I know. I won't give commentary on all of them, but... how sweet?! (Oh, I love him!)...








Do you notice he is wrapped around daddy's finger in the last picture? Oh, how it is the other way around. He has us all wrapped around his, teeny tiny little fingers. And he doesn't even try.

A word about our little newborn:

I love having a newborn in our home. It is amazing to me how much my thoughts are directed heavenward. What a miracle it is that he is here. What a miracle that all of his teeny tiny parts are so perfectly formed--his fingers, his fingernails, his toes, his eyelashes, his little heart, EVERYTHING. What a miracle that he was in Heaven not long ago. In the presence of Heavenly Father, with our sweet little Kamry. What did they talk about those last moments before he came to earth? How I want to be a better mother than I am now. I want him to know that I love him. And most importantly I want for his sweet spirit to stay as close to Heaven as it is now. 

There is nothing more perfect than holding this sweet little boy, eyes wide open, perfectly still, tiny fingers resting on my chest, the only sound are his little breaths. That is truly Heaven on Earth.

8 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations! He is so handsome. Amen.

Karen's Korner said...

Oh my goodness--He is a TRULY BEAUTIFUL Baby!! And he looks like such a BOY!! Isn't he precious??! Just looking at his pictures makes me want to hold him and cuddle him all up! Thanks for taking the time to post these beautiful pictures, Reni! I sincerely hope you keep feeling well! Love, Aunt Karen

Katie Fish said...

He's precious! Congratulations!

Lorisa Schmidt said...

Congrats to you all!!! He is just PRECIOUS! So happy you have a little man in the house now, I hope he will enjoy dress-up :)

Karen's Korner said...

Uncle Dennis saw the first picture of your little guy--(the professional one...), and said, "Whose little baby is THAT??" And I said, "Reni and Russell's." He exclaimed, "My, My! That's one of the prettiest little babies that I've seen for a LONG TIME!!" So see---he IS beautiful!!!! We really, really are excited to see him in PERSON!! :) Love, Aunt Karen, Again@!

Sydney said...

He is ADORABLE!!! Congrats!! So happy for you :)

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Beautifully said Serenity. Congrats on this beautiful little boy!

P.S. I LOVE having Taylor come visit her Grandma and come to my sunbeam class. Thanks for sharing her!

Carrie said...

Congratulations! What a great Fall you have had!I love baby boys;)