Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Daddy's Surprise!

On Monday I was on the phone with Russ when he told me he had a surprise for Brecken. A sucker? A candy bar? She would have been ecstatic with either one so I didn't put much thought into it. But, boy, was I wrong! New Bedding!! Needless to say I was shocked at his thoughtfulness. And Brecken... Well she couldn't stop squealing :)



Thanks, Dad!!!
Ok, I have to finish the story... After spoiling Brecken, Russ reached into his little surprise bag and pulled one out for me. A new shirt! Wasn't that sweet? He knows that my favorite thing to get (yes, shallow) is new clothes! So he went from "World's Best Dad" to "All- Around Greatest Guy" in about .2 seconds. But then, I already knew that :)
And just because she's cute:



Does the scene from A Christmas Story come to mind when Ralphy's dad says "You look like a pink nightmare!"? I think she has Ralphy's same expression :) Of course, she's much cuter... he he he :)

5 comments:

Kari said...

okay! WOW. I mean, W.O.W.

yup, I knew he was not the norm. I would like to know what goes on through that mind of his. What a sweetheart. Any other husband, or dad can learn a lot from him!

Jaela said...

Woah, Russ! This is so crazy, but I was literally thinking about you on the way home from work today and then you just happen to write on my blog. How uncanny! I don't even know why it came to my mind, but I was just thinking about how you married your mission President's daughter. What a beautiful family you have! How's your sister? Is she still in Westlake? Wait I think she commented above me.

Thanks for the comments on my blog by the way. I'm so happy my expriences can touch others!

Davianne said...

Hi Russ and family! How sweet are you?! I found your blog from Jaela's. You guys have a super cute family. Talk to you later.

Karen's Korner said...

Hey Reni--
I just discovered today that you HAVE a blog---and what a CUTE one it is!! I LOVE seeing Brecken and Taylor pictured here in their sweet little 'poses'. Brecken certainly makes a LOVELY Princess! It's SO NICE of your Russ to think of his two "oldest" girls---getting those fun gifts for you like that!

I read and looked at the pictures of the rest of your blog and I'm delighted to see that you're keeping us all posted like this. Keep up the good work. I'll enjoy checking in from time to time. (And I just now told Kam to go online and see those pictures of your darling girls. Hopefully, you guys can get together sometime, now that you live kinda close to each other....) Love, Aunt Karen

The Grantham Family said...

Seriously! Russ is a stud! That is so super sweet. I love all the pictures and your babe is such a babers! I want to meet her. We are leaving Thursday for a 10 day loop to LV, SG, and SLC...but when we get back, especially now that it is officially COLD, let's get together!