Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Sound of Laughter

Does a mother really want to know what is going on in the bathroom when the unattended two year old begins laughing? Does she really want to find out what mischief is taking place when the sound of two year old laughter is echoed by ten month old laughter? To be honest, sometimes this mother wishes she could let the old adage ring true: Ignorance is bliss. But we all know, that isn't safe.

So what do we find? Toilet water. Everywhere. But mostly on the ten month old. Of course, I wasn't pleased, but I know that years down the road I will find humor in this. So I'll take a picture for those days when I can say "remember when..."...


(notice the two year old is absent from this picture, I couldn't have her see me capturing this on camera, that would only encourage such behavior)

And just for kicks...


I love their seriousness.

4 comments:

Staci said...

yay sporting the batman masks right on

Krista said...

Way cute!! Love Love this and the good thing the toilet had been flushed!!!

Kam said...

oh my goodness! Halle is soooo stinkin' cute. She looks very happy about the whole toilet water situation, huh? :) too funny!

Vanessa said...

Those pictures are so great! Oh kids! A couple of weeks ago, I found Jonah sitting on the toilet with the plunger suctioned to his stomach. Ew!! Threw him right in the shower! These are definitely funny stories to look back on...glad you grabbed your camera!