Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter Birthday

One of my greatest blogging downfalls is that I often forget to grab the camera when it really matters. One of my greatest blogging strengths: Excuses.

This year, our little Brecken turned six. On Easter. And since her next birthday to fall on Easter will be her 90th, it was kind of special. The Easter Bunny even brought her a present ;) But between the special Birthday breakfast, hair-doing (for three girls), and trying to make it on time for nine o'clock church, there was no time to capture on camera that only moment when three heads of hair are actually done (and looks like it), all six feet have shoes on them, and everyone is smiling. After our church meetings we headed off to grandma's for festivities and, you guessed it, forgot the camera. So there are my excuses.

Despite the lack of evidence we had a wonderful day. Spending time with family will do that. I am pretty sure that Brecken thought all of the celebrating was for her and her birthday, (of course family from all over the states would gather just for her :]) But that is part of the novelty of an Easter Birthday.

I did have to snap at least one shot of our beautiful six year old the actual day. Plum tuckered out after a long and glorious birthday...


The next picture (sigh) needs explaining. Most of you know. We... are a dog family again. Our dog, Butch, was such a big hit for her fourth birthday present (see post here) that we decided to give him to Russ's dad for a while, and then regive him as her sixth birthday present (more or less :]) I'm still not sure how I feel about it...


But Brecken is...



So. Can I just say, I love Brecken. She is such a good girl. And I mean that. Really. It's not something I feel I have to say because this is her birthday post. Not only is she beautiful. Not only is she smart. Not only is she creative, and fun-loving, and spunky, but this girl is good. I mean, amazing. She loves to give you the last bite of her candy bar because she knows you love it. She loves to surprise you with making your bed. She loves to sneak into your bathroom and put a picture that she's drawn for you on the counter. She loves to tell Taylor stories to cheer her up. And she is sweet, and sooo forgiving. And She is always so penitent when she does something wrong. And now, she is six. Wow. I love you Brecken, my six year old!

3 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you, Brecken! I'm delighted that you got your puppy back. He looks like a fun friend!!

Brecken really IS beautiful and smart and GOOD and all those things you said, Reni, and you are SO blessed for her to have that wonderful personality. She has just enough spark and spunk, too, to keep you on your toes as a mother!! What a joy for you and Russ to have the precious family you have!
I really enjoy your posts. (I'm sorry, but I don't post on my blog 'cause I don't know how to transfer pictures over very well. Dumb reason, eh??)
Love, Aunt Karen in Idaho

Brandon and Jenni said...

You have a SIX year old!! Weird... Happy Birthday Brecken! I love you millions. :)

Krista said...

Happy Birthday Brecken!!!! She is a wonderful girl!!! They grow up too fast!!