Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Birthdays and Nevers...

The Birthdays...

Well, Brecken did it. She had a birthday. She has now joined the ranks of the four year olds! And do we ever love our four year old!!

Here she is the morning of her big day...



We had a little family lunch at Brecken's favorite place, good old McDonald's...



I love how she's eyeing the presents across the table :)...



Opening the goods...



Her birthday happened to be on a friday. And since we happen to trade babysitting on fridays with fellow want-to-date-but-not-pay-for-sitter-every-time-ers... And it was our turn... We figured we'd throw ourselves a little Babysitting Birthday Bash (you know, kill two birds with one stone).

Here's the crew (minus a couple wandering babies)...


Here's one of those wanderers. We couldn't resist giving her a party hat (gotta love the one sock)...


We love you little four year old!!


And now for The Nevers...

There are some things in life we say we will never do. And you know what they say, never say never. But I said it. And it jinxed me. The never I am referring to has to do with pets. Dogs specifically. Over the past five years Russ has conditioned me to be what you might call anti-pet. Not that I don't like pets... But what with allergies and shedding etc. etc. etc. ... I did say we would never have one. But because a certain little girl had a birthday, and her father had a certain, crazy idea, here we are one dog later...


This was on her birthday, and he's seen a lot more totin' around where that comes from...


This cute little guy's name is Butch. Yes. Butch...


I'll admit I'm rather fond of the little mutt. I wouldn't throw myself in in with the dog lovers quite yet... but I'm gettin' there :)

Oh the "mutt" is a mix between a miniature poodle and a corgi :)

11 comments:

Me said...

I love birthdays! And I gotta say, that is one cute puppy! You said it's a mutt...what's it a mix of? Looks a little poodle-ish but bigger. Kinda looks like a golden retriever mix. Very cute!

The Pollock Family said...

First of all, love the babysitting idea. I need to use that! Second, I said the same thing about dogs!! I hope I don't cave when my oldest is four! At least I have one more year!! Too cute!

Cozzens Family said...

Hi Serenity and Russ,
The birthday party sounds like a lot of fun! And the dog was a fun touch! Ben wants to get a dog the first time Melanie asks for one (childhood dream come true right!). The problem is I'm not quite sure about a dog- we'll see what happens! :)

It was good to hear from you. I am sorry about your little Kamry. I also read about your little one and was touched by the way you handled everything. It will be wonderful to reunite with our little ones someday!

Your daughters are adorable. What a cute family!

Megan said...

Hooray for the puppy! I think that animals are a great thing for kids. Josh is very anti-pets, but when he saw our boys interacting with a neighbors dog, it changed his mind, and now he wishes that we were allowed to have them at our condo. We're jealous. Happy Birthday to Brecken.

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Happy Birthday Brecken! I love the puppy. Butch is so cute, he matches the rest of your family.

Mark & Shalon said...

oh what a cute puppy!! i want one. i'm a total dog lover.

The Kelly Family said...

Happy Birthday Brecken! You always do her hair so cute. Sometimes I get ambitious with the girls hair, but usually I'm in a hurry and I have 3 girls hair to do, and they don't hold still. Anyways, good job mom. Your puppy is cute. Ryan and the girls really want a dog, but our landlord doesn't allow pets.

whitney! said...

I can't believe you have a four year old! Time flies! I love how she is hauling the dog around and it's practically bigger than she is.

Kara's Party Ideas said...

so cute! she's so grown up! and the dog...way to go :).

Em said...

Wow! I just spent practically the entire morning reading your blog. I stumbled upon it while reading Melissa's blog. You are super woman! The mystery had been solved! Your kids certainly are cute and very entertaining. :) It strangely makes we want to have more!

Alyssa said...

Uh oh. I've already said never about that...well, at least about having an INDOOR pet...does that count? It's cute! How do you like it?