Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Even Four Year Olds

If only we could slow time down. Relive favorite memories. Save time in a bottle. None of us are immune to an occasional pining over lost time. Apparently not even four year olds...

As Brecken must have been contemplating these very thoughts (maybe not in so many words) she had her chin on her hands at the counter and a far off look in her eyes as she stared into space...

"I am getting so big..." (her fourth birthday must have hit her pretty hard) She let out a long, heavy sigh and continued in a melancholy voice "If only I could be two years old again." another long heavy sigh...

Ah yes... Two years old. Life was good then... Happier. Easier. Less complicated.

I had to chuckle to myself thinking of how she wished to be two... if only she knew how good, and care free four is...

But let's take a look at the wonders two years old can hold...



























Ah, yes. Two was good :).... I love my little four year old!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...how sweet and cute is she! She reminds me of my Kylee-too smart and wise for her own good. Love it!

Lorisa Schmidt said...

So sweet

Havelah said...

That is so cute of her! She sure is a dramatic little cutie pie! Doesn't it make you stop to think about what an all-wise Heavenly Father thinks about some of our wishes, or complaints!? Maybe we have it easy too...

Sydney said...

Oh my! How darling!! Ahhh, to be two again. :)

I hope I can see you in the near future... Dont' know when I'll make it out west, but when I do I'll let you know!

Rachel said...

She sure is cute!! I love pictures to help you remember their little faces!

whitney! said...

Pretty sure she needs to be in movies- she's a doll!

Melissa said...

I love reading the stories about what Brecken says. She is so dang funny!

Darla said...

She is the cutest thing ever! I miss you!!!

Alyssa said...

What a cute thing to say! That seriously cracks me up. She must have an "old soul." So, have you read any more of Kari's McClure books?? You'll have to let me know so we can chat about them!
BTW-thanks for clarifying it was you not Russ who comments on my blog. I figured it was that way, but I wasn't wholly sure. :)