Thursday, April 14, 2011

They Called Her on a Mission...

Well. I have been knowing (for the past several months) that this time would come. And it is upon me. Destinee Is gone. Those far away Floridians of Orlando don't even know how lucky they are.

Dare I get sentimental? No. Best to not. I'll save the mushy sad, gushy missing goings on for my pillow. And maybe letter writing. But there are a few things I will miss.

This...


And of course this...


This one (though posed) is her "I am mad. But I won't tell you I'm mad. I'll try to act indifferent" look, and it will be missed...


as will this...


And because it is against mission rules to read blogs, I can post this...



But mostly. I will miss this...



Awe, Dest. I don't think you know how I miss you!!!! I guess this could be called my "Ode to Destinee." There are perks, I suppose, for having a word name. Odes sound much cooler. Maybe someday someone will write an "Ode to Serenity"...Ok, I just googled it. And they have. It's.... an interesting painting.

7 comments:

Brett said...

My brother lives out there in Palm Bay (Orlando Mission boundaries). Good for her!

Krista said...

So cute and you are so close to your sister that is great! What a great mission call! Florida is great and weather so much better let's say than Germany! 18months flys by and before you know it she will be back! Love sisters, they are the best!

Kari said...

I have to say, that the very first photo would make me mad. Watch out Ren... for when she comes home. jk - that was really sweet. But isn't everything that comes from you???!! She's lucky to have you as a sister. As am I. Love you.

Kam said...

I know! I've been thinking a lot about sweet Dest these past couple of weeks. She's such an amazing person, and will be such a great missionary. I just hope she loves it all and feels like it's just the right place for her. Your pics of her captured a lot of her personality, eh? She's a doll. I bet you miss her like crazy!

Sydney said...

DEST!!! I knew you had a mission call but I was just wondering when you were going to go. :) Stay strong Ren, it will go by faster than you will think. Can you send me her address?

Carrie said...

Aw! How exciting for Destinee! Sorry Ren and family! LOVE the pictures! Florida is indeed lucky lucky to get her! She is the best!

Bonnie Phelps said...

I'm with you, Ren. Only 17 more months... *sniff*