Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bathroom Friend

A while back, while doing odds and ends around the house I heard Brecken chatting away in the bathroom. When she emerged from the bathroom (knowing no one else was in there) I asked "So who were you talking to?"

I was more or less making conversation, she's always talking to herself, or to her dolls, or making the comb and the brush talk to each other. So it caught me a little off guard when she so matter of factly stated "To my bathroom friend." My curiosity was piqued. I had to be introduced, and Brecken was more than willing to make the introduction.

So, now, may I introduce to you (drum roll please) Bathroom Friend...



You have to admit, it's hard to escape the face-like characteristics of this knot in the wood. It often seems more akin to a hand-carved work of art, than an accident of nature. But perhaps that's just because I've grown rather fond of Bathroom Friend. Dare I say she ? has given cause to many a chuckle when in the girl's bathroom. So here's to you... Bathroom Friend.

3 comments:

adairfamily said...

While I was reading this danny looks over and is reading it behind my back and siad I thought it was something about easter. The picture of the bathroom friend he thought was an abstract picture of a cross, if you look at the corners fo the cabinets and where they meet it looks like a cross going up and down. To funny, I love your stories.

Krista said...

cute, but somehow I would feel like someone is watching me when I'm going potty. I'll remember to use the restroom before I come over so I can not be embrassed by the bathroom friend! HAHA very cute!! Your stories make my day!

Vanessa said...

hahaha, I love that Brecken! So funny!!!