Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Georgia

Back in September (I don't want to hear anyone say slacker here) Russ, his mom, and I took a quick little vay-cay over to Georgia. (and yes that was all who went. no kids. heaven. thanks Kari :])

Why, you may ask, would you go to Georgia?? Three little words: First. Sergeant. Ciaccio (pronounced Chaw-cho... with a name that cool you've gotta say it right).

Ok, Ok I know that doesn't really clear things up. Russ's oldest brother, Rob (First Sergeant Ciaccio to all of you) and his family live in Georgia. Amber, his wife, invited us to be there for the Change of Responsibility Ceremony when he became First Sergeant. So we took them up on the invite.

So here he his. That's right. He's my brother-in-law...


And here we are (really enjoying the no kid bit of this... ok, I did miss them a little:] actually a lot) Look at my hubby's blue eyes!...


Russ's sister Krissy came down from North Carolina which was SO FUN (she's the best)...


Rob, Krissy, and Russ...


Did I tell you they made him his own cake? That's how cool he is :)...


Mom and her boys posing by the First Sergeant Ciaccio Sign...


Just the boys. Another pose...


And I couldn't help but ask to get a picture with Rob by the sign. I kinda felt like a little kid asking Mickey Mouse if I could take my picture with him...


And then back at the pad Amber threw a sweet party. This was after. Mom and her kids :)...


Rob & Amber, Krissy, Me & Russ (someone needed to tell Russ to cross his right leg over, haha)...


Can I just say we had a blast? Rob is seriously the coolest. Ok, he would probably make fun of me for trying to make him sound that cool. And Amber was the perfect hostess! She is such a blast to be around!! I already miss you guys! I vote that all of us (Rob, Krissy, Rich, Kari, and Russ [and spouses plus kids]) need to get together!!! Oh, and I have to send another shout out to Kari for watching my kids. It was awesome! You're the best!!

6 comments:

Kari said...

ditto to the sibling reunion. When o when could that be?? LOVED THE PICTURES. Why haven't we talked about this trip?? I need more info. Wish I were there.

Unknown said...

Wow. I love those pictures. It has been forever since I have seen Rob or Krissy. I remember growing up with those guys! You married into a cool family! Love the pics!!

Vanessa said...

I'm so glad you posted these. Rich and I were so bummed we couldn't go. It sounds like fun! I love being around Rob and Amber too! Yep, we will have to get everyone together someday soon!

Emilee Wolters said...

sounds like a fun trip...where in GA? Ric's sister lives near Augusta, her hubby is also in the military (Air Force).

Me said...

Hey, when you have that reunion, can I come? I will sit quietly and just observe and most likely laugh a lot. Looks like tons of fun!

Mark & Shalon said...

wow, i can't even remember the last time i saw rob and krissy. sounds like it was a fun vacay!!