Monday, November 16, 2009

Favorite Sunday of the Year

So It's the time of year. Better than Mother's Day... Better than Easter... It's the Primary Program! I love this day (ok so maybe not more than Mother's Day and Easter really, but it's up there).

I love watching the little sunbeams wiggle, laugh, poke eachother, and whatever else sunbeams do (which is a LOT) I love the singing! The older kids are practically rolling their eyes through the song and you'd bet money that no sound is coming out of their barely moving mouth, and the younger kids who are so excited to sing that they shout every word they know at you (which is sometimes only the last word of every line) But mostly it's just sweet.

Well this year was Brecken's first. So however much I loved it before... it just quadrupled. And of course pictures were in order :)...

The big day!...

Here's her "I'm so excited I don't know how to really smile or stand" look...



And here is what she practiced for weeks!!! She did so good! We were so proud of our little four year old! (and for those of you who are tempted to not push play because you are already bored, this is worth watching.... well at least I think so :])

12 comments:

Kari said...

I'm so glad you put this up here. Cause I didn't hear what she was saying, except that she was saying sooooo much! Amazing. You need to put down how you help her practice. I need tips, advise. whatever. But I want to know what you did.

Emily said...

HOLY COW! She is so smart to remember all that. In our ward they gave the sunbeams like 3 words to say...actually even the oldest kids only had one-liners. I agree with you though, we had our primary program last month and it was so much fun watching Jonas up there, even though he only knew two of the songs.

Vanessa said...

Wow, I've never heard a sunbeam have such a long part! Our CTR 5's only had a short one-liner! That is just so precious hearing her say that! You guys should feel very proud for helping her with that! Great job, Brecken (and mom and dad)!

Brandon and Jenni said...

I love that she got all of the 12 letter words! That is funny. She did an awesome job with all of them though. I guess that is to be expected when it's a kid of yours though. :)

Me said...

That's impressive! I love the primary program too. Our primary is so big, Brockston didn't get to do a speaking part. The 2 sumbeam classes sang a song. My 7 and 9 year old's part was easier and shorter than Brecken's. She really chewed her words well. Nice job!

The Judd Family said...

That is too cute! What a smart little girl you have.

Destinee Ann said...

That is way adorable Ren! Your awesome to teach her all of that.

Hannah Allen said...

Brecken is so smart Ren! She can pronounce those words perfectly!

Kristina said...

She is so cute. Wow what a smartie. They didn't give our sunbeams very hard parts either. I'm impressed!

Melissa said...

I love the primary program too! It's the best! It was fun to see you at the reception this weekend and to finally see your little girls in person!

Steph said...

That really was a sweet moment of the program! She is a doll:)
I am glad we are neighbors! Sorry we have not made ourselves KNOWN yet! We are either sick or gone or just CRAZY! I promise, we are not hermits!

Hailey said...

The only thing I can say is WOW. that would be challenging for ME to remember. :) Brecken is so so ADORABLE!!!