Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween and Stuff

Ok... First off, Halloween.

Let's start off first thing in the morning (and I mean first thing) before the sun was up do you want to guess what we woke up to? Brecken screaming and crying. Halloween nightmare maybe? Nope. Worse. She was sick. Burning up with fever and a bad cough. Poor girl. All day she laid there. Like a slug.

I did her hair just in case she wanted to go trick or treating. which of course she did (who could blame her?) So here she is laying on the couch pre-trick-or-treating...


She put on her princess dress and managed a smile...


Due to the lack of Halloween enthusiasm with Breck being down, I totally forgot to dress up Taylor. So here she is un-costumed...


Lucky for us we had a ward Halloween party a few days before and there was someone there who snapped this (it's a witch... minus the hat:])...


Here's Brecken's piddly little lute (being sick=short trick-or-treating=small stash=happy mom)


And the girls rummaging through...



The rummaging through is cuter if captured on video :)...



And then Russ went to bed at eight (yes eight... and that's pre-time change) Brecken and Taylor went to bed at eight thirty, and I made it to bed by one thirty (don't ask) HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

And now the Stuff...

Well Brecken got a shiner. She was going to the bathroom when I heard a blood curdling scream. I asked her what she hit her face on and she said she didn't know, It was either the floor, or the cupboard door. That's gonna go over real well with anyone who may be suspicious of foul play. "So, what did you hit your face on?" "Ummm... I don't know. The cupboard? No...The floor? I don't remember. All I know is it wasn't my mom" (not a real scenario)

So here it is. This is a fake frown and the shiner is fading, but you can kinda see it...


What other stuff... oh! Have I told you Taylor is addicted to movies? Yes. Sad. But occasionally (ok a lot of times) nice. She sits like this forever...


And I had to throw this in. Brecken picked this outfit out all by herself. Can you tell? (you had better say yes) green pants. purple tu-tu. polk-a-dot skirt. striped shirt. and blue bows. and amazingly, very cute...


Did I mention Taylor loves movies?...


But just so you know she doesn't do this all day, I'm throwin' in a video of her latest tricks :)...

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh, Ren! They are just darling! I can not believe how much Taylor has changed! She is so big and sooo cute! I loved those videos too, so priceless!

Lorisa Schmidt said...

The girls are getting so big and so sweet. Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun.

Kari said...

I. LOVE. this. POST!!!!!! You are so clever, and cute. Not to mention your girls too!!! hehe

Staci said...

gosh you have the cutest girls on the face of this planet! Did Taylor scratch her face? haha I like the blk eye on breck it makes her look tough! Next yr your coming trick or treating w/ me and we will get a ton of candy!

Melissa said...

Brecken looks pretty darn cute for being sick in these pictures. Too bad she had to be sick on the holiday.

Havelah said...

Oh, they are ADORABLE!! We miss them (and you too of course. :-))
That is so sad that Brecken was sick for halloween, poor thing.
Taylor just cracks me up. What a cutie. LOVE YOU!

whitney said...

Have I told you I'm moving next door to you? That way if I have a girl you can fix her hair. Also, I can give you all the candy I have left over from having zero trick-or-treaters.