Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Holidays... For Real This Time

Here is my much more detailed (or rather picture overloaded) post of our Holidays. Well, December. I was a dork and didn't take any pictures of our awesome New Year's goings-on.

Half of December we spent with the fam up in Grantsville. We got our White Christmas fill and enjoyed the sunny "jacket weather" of Saint George on Christmas day.

So here's the Phelps Family Christmas Party that started off our December (It's kind of like Where's Waldo... only Where's the Harringtons... you have to love huge family get-togethers)...


And our Anniversary was somewhere in December. Celebrated by a stay at the Anniversary Inn (we could have done the Romeo and Juliet Room or something Romantic like that... but Swiss Family Robinson was sooo much cooler-oh yes. our bed was in a tree)...



And, oh yes. Our shower was a waterfall. We will one day have this in our home :)...



Mostly what kept the Holiday Season busy was spending a little family time...




This was a stay up til 4 shot. and she's still gorgeous...


Not everyone is cut out for 4. but they tried. actually they didn't...


This one is in here because, well, I just love the look on Hallie's face...


The Christmas tree (ahhhh... sipping hot chocolate by the tree... mmm...)...


The view from my window (in g ville of course)...


A stroll down our lane...


sheep. yep. not much to say about em. Other than it's kinda fun having them live down the lane...


Friends (that, dummy me, didn't take enough pictures with)...


And of course our Allen Family Christmas party, which is never complete without a talent show (I will let you use your imaginations as to what insane skills were being shown off)...






And our own Harrington family Christmas Eve was so wonderful!

(sometimes, a no-smile shot is even cuter to me than a smile shot... especially on chubby babies)...


The Harrington Christmas tree...


Which is much cuter with little girlies in front of it. So I thought you'd like to see a few of the attempted photos that went along with trying to get a picture of all three. I'm sure you can guess who the trouble maker was...

She's leaning...


Now blurring...


Ope. She's gone...


There we go (after a bribe or two and 20 pictures later)!...


And Christmas dinner was so wonderful! Which I, again, shamefully forgot to take any pictures of people (yes, I'm a dork)...


But the surroundings were great ;)...


And Christmas morning...




Merry Christmas Everyone (again)!!!

*** as a side note, the friday thing isn't working like I thought it would. obviously. I'm thinking December was just an off month because of the crazy business, but still. I think I'll switch over to a once a week thing, and not pin myself down to a specific day. just so you don't all think I'm slacking on my promises... more than I already have anyway :)***

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks for such an awesome Christmas post! I love you all! Those Allen girls are so cute! I can't believe Hanna is so old! Looking very grown up! Love all the pictures! I love your picture persistence too! I do the same:)

Kam said...

I love it! Looks like a blast, both in G-ville as you call it, and at the Harrington house! I especially love "the sheep." And that Anniversary Inn is totally coooool! Looks like a blast. Just based on your pics, I'd say, If I ever go there, I will request the Swiss Family Robinson Suite (now to be referred to as SFRS, if I ever refer to it again).

Oh, also, your sister pics are super cute. It's fun to see how much you all three look alike, even with several years between you, huh?

Destinee Ann said...

OH Ren!! I just love love love that you blogged! I finally had internet access, and your blog was the first thing I turned to!!!! Pah! I think it's hilarious that I made it to your blog like...multiple times!! It just shows where the real fun was at eh?! Love you :*

Karen's Korner said...

What a darling Post, Reni!
I really enjoyed seeing all your pictures and reading about your fun times. I also read Brecken's latest "cuties" and I LOVE the clever things she says (and the way you write about 'em!) Thanks for taking the time to put this up for us to share in. Your three girls are BEAUTIFUL!! (as are you three SISTERS!!) :)
Love, Aunt Karen