Friday, January 28, 2011

Milestones...

Can be pretty traumatic...


Yep. No more binkies. It's been pretty rough on this little girl...


And every once in a while I'll find her huddled in some corner of the house with Hallie's pacifier in her mouth, clenching it with her hands, and sucking the life out of it. I refrain from taking pictures, however comical (no need to encourage such actions).

It has been a week and a half now. Withdrawals are easing up, and on occasion she will even sing the binky song we wrote for the occasion:

No more binkies
No more binkies
Taylor Rae
Taylor Rae
I am such a big girl
I am such a big girl
Yeah hooray
Yeah hooray

And, yes, once while singing she began softly crying afterward. Poor girl. She's a champ.

5 comments:

Kari said...

I love reading your stuff!

The Judd Family said...

That is such a cute story! I would have loved to see it. Your family is so cute!

Vanessa said...

I really love that little girl! Man, she is soooo cute! I also would have loved to have seen her sucking the life out of Hallie's bink! Too funny!

I got your email today and I'm writing you back but I have to work on it little by little because I'm still putting the house together.

Miss you!!

Karen's Korner said...

I LOVE, LOVE LOVE that little Taylor!! She is SO personable--SO cute, and such a JOY to be around!! I feel sorry for her, but it HAS to be done--before Kindergarten anyway! :) Love, Aunt Karen

Emily said...

That is so sad yet so cute!