Wednesday, December 11, 2013

October and November Happenings...

I'm going to try to breeze through October and November. I'll  start with Jack's Birthday.

He Turned One! This is what I like to call, The Seven Phases of Cake-Eating

Phase One: Skeptical Analysis...


Phase 2: Satisfactory Approval (still in upright position)...


Phase 3: Relaxed Enjoyment (notice the reclined, at ease position)... 


Phase 4: Euphoric Giddiness (also known as Slap-Happy)...


Phase 5: The Slow Down...


Phase 6: The Crash...


Phase 7: Done (this face says, "Alright. Alright. I'm mustering up a wave for the camera, but...yeah. I'm done."...


Russ and I have been in love with Jack since birth. He has endeared us to him like we couldn't have imagined. This little tyke toddles around the house likes he owns the place. He'll pick up a ball, a toy, any object really, and chuck it, then do it again--just to prove his mannish potential. 

On the flip side he cuddles. Ooooh, how this boy cuddles. He jabbers--he will go on and on if you've got time for pretend conversations. Pretty much he melts me. I love him. 

Words he says now (meaning now, December--14 months old) in order of frequency:

Mama
Whoah
Hi
Wow
Dadda
Ma (meaning more)
Bye bye
Na Na (night night)
Ow
No
Ball

I have a feeling "no" is going to start moving its way up to the top of the list.

(wow. this isn't exactly "breezing")

And on Jack's birthday weekend we had General Conference. We got to go to the Conference Center with Brecken (you have to be eight to go). It was such a wonderful experience...


Sooo many good quotes to choose from. I'll pick one that I love, though:

"Meekness is vital for us to become more Christlike. . . Being meek does not mean weakness, but it does mean behaving with goodness and kindness, showing strength, serenity, healthy self-worth, and self-control."
          -Elder Ulisses Soares

After conference Brecken said, "I loved Elder Bednar's talk. I haven't paid my tithing in a while. I think I need to."  It was a sweet experience :)

Skipping to the end of October, Halloween!

Taylor truly got into the spirit of her costume (as you can see). The others did by default. Hallie (the chicken) was too afraid to say Trick-or-Treat aloud to anyone--except Grandpa (and then it was muttered under her breath). Brecken assumes to traits of a princess always. And Jack, like a true bumble bee, flitted and buzzed all over the place. Impossible to keep track of (the bottom left picture is Jack in Halloween pajamas--not his actual costume)...


And in November we had Thanksgiving I only took three pictures, Dest. I wasn't really trying to spotlight you and Spencer [the boy you brought home to meet the family (of whom we all approve)] It just so happened to be the most obvious collage format ;)...


We are so blessed!For my (nearly) perfect husband, I am grateful. For my beautiful children, I am grateful. For my parents, my brothers, my sisters, the love they have for me, the love I have for them, I am grateful. For Jesus Christ and His love for me, I am grateful. For my Heavenly Father and His guidance and care, I am grateful. For these and thousands of other blessings, I am grateful.

I have a wonderful life. 

2 comments:

The Bailey Family said...

Ahahahah! The Seven Phases of Cake Eating! Excellent.

The Bailey Family said...

Oh, and Taylor's pirate face!!!