Monday, January 19, 2009

Elder Allen IV Returns!!

After two long years my little brother, Derek, is home!! I got to spend a week in Grantsville with my family in honor of this momentous occasion. It was sooo good to be with Derek again! He is a stud!! (and for those who are wondering, the "IV" is because he's the fourth brother to go on a mission)


I could go into detail about everything we did this week... My brother Matt's birthday party... going to the airport.... hanging out.... going to the temple (which was really neat by the way).... Derek's amazing talk... My sister Hannah getting the flu... Family and friends all getting together... BUT I'll spare you. Because I'm lazy. I will say this: It was one of the best weeks ever. If Russ had been there the whole week (he joined me for the weekend) it would have been perfect!

I will share a few pictures (I kinda petered out on the picture taking towards the end of the week)

Matty-boy's Birthday party...

And cake...

The Clan at the airport (woo-hoo! he's home! that was the vibe)...

Derek and his newest niece Naomi (he had four new neices to meet!) Isn't she a cutie??!!...

Later in the week, Brecken just being cute...

Grandma's cat she affectionately calls "The Gideon"...

And we finally got a picture of all 5 granddaughters! (it took some doing. a 3 year old, two 1 year olds, a four month old, and a four week old aren't exactly the most cooperative:) but hey they're all in there!)...

All in all, a great week! Good to have you back Der!

7 comments:

Darla said...

I'm so glad you take pictures Ren! Yesterday was so great. Derek's talk was awesome, the spirit was so strong. It was so good to see him and get to talk with him for a bit. He's such a cutie and a great guy!! 5 grandaughter's, wow!! They are adorable. I'm so happy for your whole family and love you all!! Darla Kay!! :)

Kari said...

glad you had fun. It looks like fun. You're family is FUN. The cake is beautiful. Did someone make it???

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

What a great time for a family to get together. The welcoming home on an honorable servant of the Lord. Love the picture of the granddaughters. What a beautiful family.

Vanessa said...

Wow, Ren, I barely recognize him! It seems like it's been forever! Tell him that we said hi and welcome back! That must be really exciting for you guys!

Vanessa said...

p.s. Taylor or Brecken have called me 3 times this week and left messages...not that i mind, it was just funny.

Emily said...

How great to have your brother back! Sounds like a fun week with your family.

Carrie said...

How awesome. I totally agree...Derek is a stud! I love the family airport picture! So sad for miss Hannah! I bet she was so bummed...or hopefully maybe too sick to realize all she was missing! I'm so glad you got a grandkid picture so I could see them all! Yea for allens!