Friday, November 12, 2010

Questions Unasked... and Introducing

It is no secret that I often take advantage of the built in babysitting services that comes from having a large family. Brecken, Taylor, and sometimes both will spend a day or two (or three or four... or five or six) with Grams and Gramps in Grantsville. Which means aunties and uncles are the on call sitters (yes, they are angels).

Normally I don't ask too many questions... in order to avoid the feelings of guilt that come from stories of crayon on the wall, broken decor, screaming, fit throwing etc. etc. Ignorance is bliss. I guess I figure: if it's bad enough... they'll tell.

I'm beginning to question my methods. Only, it's not the aunties and the uncles I should be questioning. It's my children.

I've been spending the week with my family and my brothers and sisters have been their angelic selves helping out with the children. Destinee (sweet, sweet Destinee) took it upon herself to dress Taylor one morning.

Notice anything unusual about the outfit?



Nope. It's just not quite fitting...


In her defense, the three girls were all sharing one suit case. And I am sure she has seen that outfit on Taylor before... of course, back when Taylor looked like Hallie...


Not that dressing a two year old in size 3-6 months brings into question the entire competency of one's babysitting skills. I'm just thinking a few more questions might be in order. For the aunties and the kiddos. Ah, Dest, you know I love you! and hey, you can't beat free babysitting :)

And now, introducing my newest nephew (which is a rare thing in the world of Allens)... Drum roll please....

Luke Darrell Allen at six days old...


of course this little cutie was asking to hold him every five seconds :)...


awe, chewing on his little fingers!...


ooooohhhh, I am smitten!...


Congrats Dan & Nicole!!!

5 comments:

Jill said...

I heard rumors that Dest and Dalton have their papers in. Do they have their calls yet?

Kam said...

Oh my goodness!!! Those pics of Taylor are HILARIOUS! Good job, Dest! That's awesome. At least is wasn't her daddy that dressed her, huh? Very funny.

And oh, what a sweet little angel baby little Luke is. Thank you so much for sharing pics of him. How exciting for Dan and Nicole. Congratulations!

Melissa said...

Ha, Ha! I love the too small clothes! I'm sure my husband feels her pain though. Not necessarily with the too small clothes but almost every time he dresses Cannon I have to redress him because he doesn't match.

Vanessa said...

Haha! Awesome. I love how you found a picture of Taylor wearing that when she was little!

Cute baby BOY! Finally a boy! Didn't even know they were expecting. The Allen Family just keeps on getting bigger! How fun!

Sydney said...

Heheheh! How funny. I know all about trying to dress my nephews out of one shared suitcase and trying to figure out what goes to who. That is just too funny!

Congrats Dan and Nicole! He is a cutey for sure!!!!!