Wednesday, March 4, 2009

27 Reasons...

Russ just celebrated his Golden Birthday. For those of you who are unaware what a Golden Birthday is, let me enlighten you. When your age, and the date of your birthday are the same... it's your Golden Birthday. For example: Russ's Birthday is on the 27th, and he turned 27, thus, his Golden Birthday. Oh, it's real. Then again, maybe you all knew that. I was only recently hipped to this. ANYWAY, in light of this, I just wanted to share 27 reasons why I love Russ. For those of you who don't want to read a big, long, shmoochy list... feel free to stop reading, or just scroll down to the pics.

(not in any particular order here)

#1 His looks (hey, I said no particular order) I will be the first to admit there is a bit of shallowness to me. One of the reasons I love Russ is because he is so good lookin'!

#2 His sense of Humor. Russ has a great sense of humor (I do have to tell you though, it was not as great before he met me :) )He is so funny. This guy makes me laugh when I'm mad at him... and then I can't be mad at him (and then I'm mad at him for making me not mad at him... it's a vicious cycle)

#3 He is a people person. He loves to talk to people, and people love to talk to him. It's as simple as that.

#4 His patience. This guy will come home day after day to a messy house, no dinner, and a hag for a wife, and not complain. I try not to abuse it, but even when I do (I am ashamed to admit) he just keeps on lovin' me.

#5 His sense of style. This may be one of the few marriages where the wife has to get pointers from the hubby (and he gives 'em). And the hubby never needs pointers, he always looks good (ok... there was one shirt he had that... well... it's gone).

#6 He is the best dad. Ever. He plays more make believe than a mime in charades. He loves his girls so much. There isn't anything he wouldn't do for them.

#7 He is a hard worker. Right now he is going to school (full time I might add), working, serving in the church, spending time with me, and being a good daddy. All of which takes time and effort, and he gives it.

#8 He is always serving. If there is ever a move in the ward, or a service project going on, Russ is there. Always. Not to mention all the little things he does for people every day.

#9 He does the laundry. That's right. He does it. And I love that he does it (yes there is a tinge of guilt... a tinge) We have a deal, I change all the poopy diapers, and he does all the laundry, I definitely got the better end.

#10 He is good at ping pong (or as I am now required to say, table tennis). The fact that he is good, isn't what I love about him, it's the fact that he tells everyone he's good. It's so cute to me. It's his one little streak of pride and it cracks me up that it's about ping pong.

#11 He takes me to visit family all the time. It really is a sacrifice for him. Not that he doesn't want to go, but he would rather not spend money and time and energy on it as much as he does. Don't get me wrong, he loves visiting family, but half of the trips I admit are unnecessary, but he does it for me.

#12 His enthusiasm. He gets so excited over things. Little things. Baseball. Ice cream. Kettle corn. Roller coasters. iPhones :) a very endearing quality.

#13 He's a good kisser. Enough said.

#14 He does a lot around the house. Ha! The more I write, the more I realize how lazy I am. Russ is always pitching in. Whether it's vacuuming, unloading the dishwasher or just watching the kids so I can, he is always doing something to lighten my load.

#15 I LOVE his laugh. Those of you who have heard him laugh, and I mean really laugh, know what I mean. It makes me laugh more than whatever it was that made us laugh in the first place. I love it.

#16 He is very forgiving. Always. And I need a lot of that.

#17 He's a good sport. You know the people who can't take a joke, who pout or a throw a little tantrum when they lose? Well Russ is not that guy. He is the opposite. In fact he'll be the first to make fun of himself. Which is good because he has a lot to make fun of (hehe just kiddin' hon)

#18 He's very sympathetic. Even if he doesn't get why I'm sad (let's face it, that happens) he tries. He is my biggest supporter.

#19 He is no Mr. Fix It. Why is this in the list of things I love about him? I don't know. But I think it's cute. Especially when he tries to fix things. Actually he usually ends up fixing it... he just prefers not to try.

#20 I don't know how to put this one... He's just fun. It's just fun to hang out with him. To talk. Play a game. Watch a movie. Anything. I just love spending time with him.

#21 He is extremely thoughtful. He gets me gifts that I didn't even know I wanted... and after I get them I wonder how I could have not been hoping for it because it is exactly what I want.

#22 He always tells me I look good. Even when I know I don't. You know the days. The days where you haven't showered, you're still in sweats, you're not wearing make up or worse-it's day old smudged make-up, ratty snarled hair... Ok maybe you don't know the days, but I do. And yes, he still tells me I look good.

#23 He will watch my chick flicks with me. Not only will he watch, but he will enjoy watching Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Persuasion, and all of the other chickity flicks I can get my hands on... Sorry babe, you're secret's out.

#24 He does his home teaching every month. No, I'm not just grasping at straws here trying to come up with 27... I really do love that he does his home teaching every month. It says a lot about him.

#25 He can give a mean back rub. Let me tell you, you have cause to be jealous.

#26 He's very romantic. He definitely has a sensitive side and he puts it to use in the romance department.

#27 The thing that I love most about Russ is his testimony in Jesus Christ, and his good example of living the gospel. It is not uncommon that I will enter a room only to find him reading the scriptures or kneeling in prayer. His life is fitted around the gospel, not the other way around. He is truly the best man I know. I love you hon!

Whew! That was more than I bargained for. Ok, so I promised some pics (sorry they're a little on the lame side)...

We had our bff's (hahaha) the Goodlads over for Birthday cake....


Russ lighting his candles (I love that look on his face)....


He got 'em all in one blow! (I don't think he really made a wish)...


Happy Birthday Hon! I love you!!!!!!

8 comments:

Annie Singler said...

You always write the BEST posts. I love reading them. I liked your list too... I think everyone should write a list like this for their spouse. I think I'll write one tonight and slip it in his briefcase. Take care!!

Brandon and Jenni said...

That is so sweet Ren! It is true, you got an amazing husband. I just love you guys!! I think you are a great couple and I am so happy to see you both so happy. :)

Vanessa said...

Happy Birthday, Russ! Sweet post, Renny! It got me thinking about doing a list for Richie for his birthday this month! I may have to copy you:)!

Megan said...

Thank goodness Josh's "golden" birthday happened when he was 8, because there is no way I could have come up with a list of 27! :)
Happy Birthday to Russ. Everything you said about him, I'm sure is true from what I know of him.

Kam said...

I LOVE Golden Birthdays!! Unfortunately, I didn't know about them until I was 24, and mine passed when I turned 20. Sad. But I get excited to celebrate with other people. Looks like you had a fun celebration. Nice list about Russ. I know about the "second day" hair and make-up days (today, ahem, happens to be one.)

Also, I just caught up on some of your other posts... Brecken is hilarious! She really says some cute things. That's funny that you have her go sing to Taylor -- I do the very same thing with Sam and
Spence.

We should get together next week sometime. I'll give you a call.
love,
Kam

Me said...

I'm impressed...27 things. I love my hubby tons and tons but 27 things! Now I'm curious if I could do it! Of course, we are talking about Russell. He is awesome! I happen to be blogging in my sweats, no makeup etc. But my husband hasn't said a word! The nerve!! You are too cute!

Melanie said...

Hi Serenity! It's good to see you again. It's been so long, I was expecting to see little Brecken making a Koen face on your blog- she is so big! Your family is beautiful!
We miss you guys!

The Kelly Family said...

Happy Birthday Russ!! First of all, we all those sweat pants, ratty hair, smudged make-up days. If we don't have anywhere to go that day, that is what we look like if you came to my house. I can't believe Russ does his own laundry. Ryan doesn't know how to use the washing machine, and I don't think he wants to learn because if he did learn, I might make him do laundry more often.