Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Past 2 Weeks...

Although the Harrington household is usually a place of "not much happening" (some have used the term boring, but I contend) the last couple of weeks have been unusually active (we're going by the Harrington standard of activity here). So I'm gonna tackle it all in one post. That's right, it's long. But here goes...

Midweek Getaway

My mom and I planned a little retreat last week. We met up in Rexburg where my sister, Destinee, is going to college and had a little girl time. It was so fun! I loved every minute of it!

We did a lot of swimming (you know, pretend it's summer even though it's below freezing outside)...


Me and my babe...


Isn't she so cute in that little floaty?...


And Brecken (I promise she isn't drowning). Those of you who know her mortal fear of getting water in her face would be quite impressed...


The hotel we stayed at had theme rooms (very fun) so we took a tour. This was the Chivalrous Knight room. Cool, but I'm not sure how I'd feel if I woke up with that guy staring at me...



I know, I'm a dork...


All of is in the Knight room (I was wondering why Brecken was so excited to see this picture after we took it, silly girl)...


Destinee swiped my camera snapped a pic of herself (I love it)...


While we were there we went to a piano concert. We asked one of the performers to come back to the hotel with us and he agreed. Ok, so it was just my cousin, Mark, and his roommate that performed for us and Destinee's roommates. But if you could hear this guy play, trust me, you would have paid to go. It was awesome! (I didn't have my camera at our little 'concert' so this is Mark back at the hotel)...


And then there was more swimming (which for the Allens really just means sitting in the hot tub :) )...


Good times...


Thanks, Mom!!

At the Fair

I was originally going to call this Fun at the Fair... but that would be misleading. The most recent daddy daughter date was the Boise Kids Fair. Brecken had been excited for weeks. Literally. This was her excited little face right before they took off...


And here is a pathetic little clip while she was there. Apparently the Kids Fair wasn't exactly what she had expected. The animals, as she called them, (think Mickey Mouse at Disneyland, only monkeys and frogs) apparently terrified her...

(hahahaha)

But she did manage to squeeze in a little fun between meltdowns. Not sure if she was just rubbing her eyes or if she's wiping tears here...



She loved the pony. I guess it wasn't all bad :)...



And Yes It Happened!!!....

I drove past the bank, and on their digital thermometer... (drum roll please)... 70 degrees!!!!! Can you believe it? So of course it had to be a park day...


Going down the slide (Ok, more like posing on the slide)...



Here's me and Breck. No coats. I almost gave up hope that life existed without them...



But then of course the next day was back to thirty degree weather (I know, I know, some have it worse) Winter Coats didn't quite make it to storage yet. You can't see it in the picture but it's hailing. You might see some on the grass...


And then the next day it snowed and now it's freezing again. Sigh... Oh well. Life is good. Can't complain. Well, shouldn't complain. I still do. But we have had a good two weeks. Heck! We've had a good life... so far :)

9 comments:

Carrie said...

YEA!!! Hi! Remember me? It's been a long time, but I just love all you ALLENS! I heard yesterday you had a blog but didn't get the address - so I had to search a bit! Thanks for updating your moms too!!! It's so fun to see you guys and the rest of your family...I might have to go through and read all your entries just to catch up on everthing...it's been tooo long!
Your family is precious! You are beautiful! Sooo good to see you guys on here!

Vanessa said...

Okay, Brecken is soooooo CUTE! Is it mean that I watched that video from the kids fair about 20 times?! It cracked me up! - Not that she was sad or disappointed, but because she is so cute and the fact that she was crying about the fair. I love that girl! Cute Park pictures! Taylor looked so cute in the pool! And you do Brecken's hair so cute!

Melissa said...

That is such an adorable post! You do Brecken's hair SO cute, it makes me want a little girl super bad :) Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and I'm rootin' for the warm weather too!

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Cute blog. Love to read about your "boring" life.... Love all you guys.

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys are having a ton of fun! You're girls are so cute - I think I say that every time I post, but they really are!

Darla said...

We are ALL dorks Ren, that's what makes us cool... :) You're mom came and visited us last week and told us about her trip up there recently! It sounded fun. Wish I could've came along to see and be with everyone! You're girls are so so cute! Looks like you guys had a great time..!! I miss you and Dest, and Mark and everyone :) Hope all is going well. Love you guys!

Sydney said...

SERENITY!!!! How in the world are you? I found you on Carrie's blog. You and your family are ADORABLE!! SO CUTE. It makes me want to go back to Utah and watch conference with you guys. hehehhe. LOVE YOU! Your girls are beautiful and so are you! Have a great week and I'm so glad we can keep in touch now!

Kara's Party Ideas said...

wow...you've been busy! love all the pics! you guys are great!
love ya!

Havelah said...

Poor little Brecky! That is so funny and sad...Adam and I LOVE your blog. It makes us feel like we aren't quite so far away. I totally agree with you about wishing for warmer weather by the way...it is snowing here today.
:-/ Grr.