Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Foot in the Mouth

Last night as Russ and I were doing the usual getting ready for bed chit-chat it came up that he thought I looked like a certain girl. Upon which I told him I didn't think she was very pretty. To that he replied:

"Well, yeah, I didn't say she was to die for or anything"

Well. Thanks. Now, I know I'm just average... don't get me wrong here. But I would have liked to think that with all that bias that is supposed to go along with the whole husband thing, it would have bumped me up to "dying for" status. Apparently that was a little ambitious.

I had a good laugh and he tried to recover. Tried. But what can you do, he just told me I looked like a girl who was by no means to die for. When not ten minutes later...

Upon climbing into our queen bed soon to be upped to king (more about that later) he says excitedly:

"Man. Just think. Pretty soon we won't have to sleep so close to each other!"

Mind you, this was not a twin bed we were on here... we weren't even touching. Apparently when your spouse isn't to die for, having to endure a night with such close proximity is an unpleasant experience.

Needless to say I had another good laugh as he once again tried to redeem himself. Remind me to add to the list of things I love about Russ: Puts Foot in Mouth. Providing he hasn't shoved it too far in there, it's kind of cute.

Love you babe ;)



**POST EDIT** This is a picture of the girl Russ said I allegedly look like. He said this morning "I actually didn't think she was pretty when I first saw her" Apparently the kind of beauty I possess has to grow on you...



(I don't mean to sound cruel, I by no means think she's ugly, afterall I do look like her... anyway)

13 comments:

Vanessa said...

You are to die for! He just wants to keep you humble!

Annie Singler said...

hahaha... Way to go Russ :)

The Grantham Family said...

That is so great. Atleast he really ISN'T perfect after all. I still think about the day that he surprised you with a spa day and a clean house...oh and Brecken with her new princess bedding!! Not that I think about Russ, but okay "FOOT IN MOUTH!"

Are we ever going to hang out? What is our problem??

Me said...

That is so funny! It is so good to hear that even Russ says stupid things. The best part is that it just came out so natually...he wasn't even trying to be funny!

Who did he think you looked like...anyone we would all know?

Brandon and Jenni said...

Haha! That is hilarious!

Kari said...

Russell Russell Russell. I can totally see this. It's all a movie going on in my head. Haha. very funny. You definately are to die for. AND, I want to know more about this king size bed thing. It's fabulous, btw. AND Oscar and I waste more than half of it.

Me said...

Okay...I see it. However, she is not smiling and I think that makes a person prettier. As does updated clothes and hair!

Kari said...

First. Who is that girl? AND it has to be said... YOU TOTALLY LOOK LIKE HER> and she's strikingly beautiful. You're prettier though. Now, what does that tell ya?

The Kelly Family said...

I think you're gorgeous and I don't think you look like her. It is funny the stupid things husbands say sometimes. That is a funny story!

Alyssa said...

That is REALLY funny. Way to be such a good sport about it. :) You are beautiful, by the way.

Mark & Shalon said...

you kind of do look like her. and to be honest with you...i think she's pretty. and i'm not just saying that because i liked her in 24.

Davianne said...

HAHAha!! Oh man Russ!! Total foot in the mouth!! Very funny though. Be thankful to have a wife with a good sense of humor!!
That's honestly the best laugh I've had all day!! ;D

Darla said...

Reni, you are much much much more beautiful than this girl (not saying she's ugly either) But, believe me... you are GORGEOUS!!! :)