Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas!

This year it was a good old Grantsville Christmas. In the Allen Family (my side) we have a few traditions.

We start on the 23rd with Temple Square Lights. It was so beautiful!...







Christmas Eve pajamas! The Girls...


The Guys (their shirts got lost amidst all the other Christmas presents)...


And Dad (I think he felt left out without orange pants :) )...



We tried to get one with Grandma and the Grandkids. And, yes, this was the best we could get...



Then we played games and all piled in the basement to fall asleep to Scrooge. In the morning I'm sure you can guess who was waking up who because Santa came. That's right, all the adults were gathered around Brecken trying to get her up on Christmas morning. She just kept pullin' that blanket back over her head...



Ok! Sleepy Head is UP!...



And Sleepy Heads 2 & 3...



Passing out the presents. We take turns opening them one at a time. Yes, it's murder on a three year old (notice we found the missing pajama shirts)...



Brecken's turn! What is it? What is it???...



It' a Hula Hoop!...



More presents! (3 year old heaven)...


And here she is with all her Christmas loot...



It seems shallow to only talk about the fun, games, and presents on a Christmas post, so I'll end with with my testimony. I know the Savior lives. I know He was born in a stable. He could have come in Glory and Wealth, but he chose to come in Humility, because He is Humble. He is Perfect. I know He is there for me when I let Him. He has been there for me through the hardest times in my life, and He is there with me in the Happiest. It is because of Him that I am Happy. And it is through Him that my family can be together forever. It is through Him that we will see our daughter, Kamry, again. He has done so much for me, and He continues to do so much for me, every day. I am so grateful for His sacrifice. I am grateful for His Humble birth and hope that I can become Humble, and more like our Savior.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!!

5 comments:

The Kelly Family said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas and that Brecken got some awesome toys. It's funny that she didn't want to wake up on Christmas morning. My kids were up early and were SO excited to see what Santa brought. It's so fun to spend Christmas with the family. I love it that all the girls and guys had matching jammies!

The Grantham Family said...

Merry Merry Merry Merry!! Just so you know, I made those chocolate treasures and LOVED them! Thanks so much for adding those to my thighs. You are a good friend! Okay, now that the holidays are over....maybe life will simmer down a bit and we can REALLY get together! When does Russ start school!!??

Emily said...

What a fun Christmas! I am totally with Brecken with not wanting to wake up. And thank you for your sharing your beautiful testimony!

Kari said...

It makes me sad that I missed Christmas . Seriously whenever I go to Mexico, I miss out on all the fun family stuff. Maybe we'll have it again this month with the exception of spending all the money. I need a party. Wanna come?

Darla said...

I love all the pictures you got. What a fun Christmas!! The PJ tradition is great. We try and do that too, with the kids at least :) Merry late Christmas. I love your family so much! Who's the tiny newborn? Did Adam and Havelah have their 2nd? What's the name? So adorable!!!