Thursday, October 7, 2010

Boston

Boston. Wow. Boston. It started as a dream. Russ's actually. It has always been a dream of his to go to a Red Sox game at Fenway Park (silly baseball fanatic :]) Well, mid September my parents made his dream come true. We didn't just see a game at Fenway Park... We. Saw. Boston. It was amazing. It helped that Heavenly Father blessed us with perfect weather. And it helped that we got to leave Brecken and Taylor with Aunties and Uncles :)

I guess I'll just dive right into the pictures (I'm only posting a handful)...

The cemeteries in Boston were so neat. So old. It really made me reflect on the men who were buried there, many of them died fighting for freedom. Wow. This is in front of one of them...


And a picture of said cemetery (now if we had a really cool camera, and gone from a really cool angle, we could have gotten a really cool picture, just pretend)...


This was the Old North Church (you know..."one if by land, two if by sea") and Russ lookin' pretty cute...


In front of Paul Revere's home. Oh yes. It is...


Russ lookin' cute again. Oh yeah, and a ship...


And dinner at Ruth's Chris was worthy of a picture (imagine, again, a really cool camera :]) The food was so good here... some of us cried (really)...


What we didn't get any pictures of was the Boston Opera House. Or us seeing Wicked at the Boston Opera House (amazing).

More sights that were just to amazing to put into words (read between the lines-I'm too lazy to go into detail)...


Some trees too unique to not climb...



Some poses too unique not to photograph (oh, dad :])...


All of us at the North Bridge...


This is the famous Walden Pond (actually it's Russ and I at Walden Pond)...


And might I say, this little cutie was an angel the whole trip?! (I had to get her little eyes peeking out)...


Ok, this next picture needs a little narration. Everyone that goes to Boston needs to meet a Jimmy. If a Jimmy is not met, the Boston experience is not complete. This is Jimmy...


We met Jimmy at the train station on the way to the Red Sox game. Now, believe it or not, Bostonians are very hospitable. Jimmy was no different. He was the epitome of a true Boston Born and Raised. Imagine, if you will, a very raspy smoker's voice saying "Watcha gatta do is pak ya cah, take the Challie, and that'll take ya to Fenway Pak so ya can watch the Red Sax game. But you've gatta watch ya back, cuz if you crawss the gangs rand heeya they'll kill ya." (translation:What you've got to do is park your car, take the Charlie, and that will take you to Fenway Park so you can watch the Red Sox game. But you've got to watch your back because if you cross the gangs around here, they'll kill you). Yes. Jimmy was great. The written word does not do him justice.

And now, the grand finale, the moment of moments, the reason behind.... The Boston Red Sox Game at Fenway Park!!!...

(of course a little Red Sox merchandise is in order)...


Never too young...


And here we are. At the game...



That's it. I know you're probably thinking "Wait! This is an abrupt ending!" and to that I say... Yes it is.

11 comments:

Russ said...

I didn't REALLY cry over the food, but I DID say that it was SOOOO good, I COULD cry!!! :) Best meal I've ever had. Ever.

Tracy Beckett said...

I'm peeking at your cute blog--hope that's okay! Sounds like a wonderful trip with such great company. So glad you got to go!!

Janell said...

Boston in the fall....that's the stuff dreams are made of:) Alright! Who cried over a steak????

Destinee Ann said...

Don't tell me Dad CRIED at Ruth's Chris??? ...what won't tug at his heart :) REN! If you could only see the big grin I'm wearing, and hear my unsuccessfully suppressed laughter that gives Max reason to ask what's going on, you would know LOST SLEEP WAS A WORTHWHILE SACRIFICE...because it's already bringing forth blessings! ;) YAY!! I just love you a lot! Thanks for dedicating this to me. I feel like I need to give a speech or something...ah hem...mmm, not feelin’ it. Oh, and I just LOVE that pic of Hallie peeking through the blanket!!

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

I'm glad that you are back! See you every friday!

Your trip looks like it was super duper fun. Glad that you were able to spend such a fun time with your awesome parents.

adairfamily said...

I got to experience Boston a few years back with my sister and it was amzaing I loved it too, would love to go back and watch a baseball game though didn't get to do that.

Kam said...

yay yay yay!! Reni is BACK in the house!

I have to say, I recognized EVERY lovable place in every single picture (except for Jimmy), before reading any of the narration. Even that tree... I know it well. When Rick and Janell came to visit me, Janell wanted to climb it, I think maybe they actually DID, can't remember for sure, but it's an awesome tree. Oh, lovely Boston! I'm so glad you guys got to go there, how fun!

And I acknowledge that posting this many pictures was a VERY worthy blog post -- even without much narration. Way to go, Ren!

ps. I'm hoping it was Hallie that cried about the food? :)

Brandon and Jenni said...

YAY!!! I love all of the new posts Ren! I am excited to see one every Friday from now on. :D I am glad you guys had such a great time in Boston. Love you all.

Brandon and Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vanessa said...

I have been really curious about what my little niece Hallie looks like! She is so cute! I can't wait to meet her! Thanks for posting pics! More please!?!!

Taylor baby is so darn adorable! I love her hair! She looks like such a little ham!

And Brecken is in kinder and I bet she is the smartest little girl in her class! Oh and of course she is cute too!!

So cool that you guys got a little special vacation with your parents. They really are the coolest!!!

p.s. Does this mean you guys got the internet, or are you still in the corner hoping for connection?

Sydney said...

YAY for catch ups!! I'm about to do one as well. Love to see all that you've been up to. I'm so sad I didn't make it down to see you and your cute family for Hallie's blessing.

What a treat you got to go to Boston!!